Bike Maintenance Day 2020
Updated: Apr 7
A day spent with Richard Pearsall on to increase knowledge and practical skills for servicing and delivering bike hire.
During the day the team had a chance for practical hands on experience with the bikes and tools. Content covered includes;
• Update on the hire agreement and hire. How to record, importance of customer experience, possible trails, equipment and bikes.
• Completing an quality M-check (ability to teach junior staff) & progressing on to a full service
• Fitting brake pads / aligning brakes and bedding in (inc. cleaning pads and discs)
• Replacing a chain (when, how, why)
• Headset rebuild & adjustment
• troubleshooting gears.
• Indexing gears & sweating limit screws (quick clean of cables)
• Tightening wheels hubs
• Replacing tubes
• Cleaning & degreasing bikes
• Leaving bike hire area tidy & fit for purpose